Monday, October 26, 2009

New Addition


Well here is the new addition to my training arsenal.  This is a 2009 Cervelo P2DA triathlon bike.  I have currently been riding a 20 year old schwinn which was not setup very well for me and not the right size.  This bike has been setup for my measurements and should help reduce the fatique in my legs, which will allow me to run farther.  I am excited to get outside and get in a training run with this bike.  Hopefully the weather will hold off for a little while and give me some time.  Otherwise I am planning on riding this in my basement all winter long on the trainer.  I moved a TV to the basement yesterday to help reduce my boredom.  My training rides on the trainer this winter will be anywhere from 1-3 hours. 
I will be starting a winter riding program next Monday and will be about 3 days a week for 12 weeks.  Each session will be geared for interval training and last probably 1-2 hours.  I start wrestling practice on Monday, November 16th, so most of my riding training will have to be done when the kids go to bed. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking ride, hope you get some good miles in on it. I would hate to be that guy riding a sweet bike who is slow on it! Thats my motivation this winter anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the plan. I am starting Jorge's training plan on Monday, so hopefully that will get me over the hump next year!!

    ReplyDelete