Wednesday, May 5, 2010

4 weeks Left

Sorry, but I've been a little busy the last few weeks so I haven't updated my blog.  We are halfway through week 5 and so basically about a month left until raceday.  I am getting a little bit nervous as I have never gone this distance before but my body seems to be adjusting to all of the training.  The last couple of weeks have been great training weeks.  I have averaged around 9.5 hrs the last 3 weeks of training and would have hit 10.5 last week if I wouldn't have missed a swim.

I am still a little worried about run training.  It isn't coming along as nicely as I would have hoped but I did manage to get in a 13 mile run last week, so I am there.  I am running the CB Half Marathon in a couple of weeks, so that should give me an idea of where I stand.  Probably won't run it lightning fast just a comfortable pace to allow me to get back to training within a few days.  My wife is planning the run as well, so I will probably end up running with her. 

I'm in recovery week this week, so not a lot of volume and just enough to keep the body / mind moving.  Sometimes we get caught up so much with the miles and numbers in training that when you do get a slow week, you tend to feel that you are not doing anything.  Well I am sticking with the plan, so I will just have to deal with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment