Monday, April 5, 2010

Recovery Week.....Yay!!!

Well I made it to recovery week and I am very excited about that.  Last week I had a bike focused week and it went great.  That is probably my weakest area from last season and I have made the commitment to get better.  I had a great off-season riding the trainer and haven't seemed to be able to take that pacifier out yet...until today...I finally made the jump to get my new bike outside.  It felt great to get my new Cervelo on the road (although the road was a mine field of potholes).  It was windy but it is always windy.  I didn't go that far (12 miles) because, hey, I am in recovery week, so my volume is supposed to down!!

Learning to use the aero bars and drink from a bottle on my tri bike is going to take some time getting used to.  I am really excited about the upcoming tri season and learning the intricasies of my new bike.  I am intrigued to learn about bike maintenance...(and I am not a wrench guy)...!! 

Last week I logged about 9.5 hrs of training and it felt great.  Trying to not sacrifice family time is tough, but my time management skills are getting better.  Getting the early morning swims out of the way has been really nice and I am usually utilizing my lunch for a run or bike.  My wife is training for a half marathon, so we have to coordinate our schedules to be sure we are maximizing our time and not affecting the kids.  Going well so far.

On a family note, the Easter bunny stopped by and he was really good to both Emma and Jaxon.....lots of candy, movies, new socks, etc.....I think the kids thought Santa was coming too!!!

I am off to my Recovery Week....good luck in your training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment