Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Decided with this being a crazy week with traveling to Minneapolis to my brother's for Thanksgiving that I would take this week off from my bike training.  I will pick up Week 4 this coming Sunday.  I am having an issue with keeping the noise down and waking the kids up in the mornings, so I have been diligently (or at least kind of) on getting the room downstairs finished.  When I mean finished, just electrical finished up, so i can at least insulate the ceiling and walls.  This should keep enough of the noise down that I can ride my bike in the mornings without causing too much havoc with the family.

We ended up driving up to Minneapolis to spend a few days with my brother and his family.  It was nice to see them and their kids and have our kids play with them and my sister's kids.  It was a great few days with my parents, brother and sister's families.  I managed to get in 2 quality runs while I was up there.  I ended up doing 6 miles on Thanksgiving morning and another 4 today.  It was a great change of scenery running around Lake Minnetonka and the rolling hills provided the right amount of challenge.  All in all my body and legs felt great.  I need to get in at least one run per week now that wrestling has started just to keep my muscle memory up.  I should be able to accomplish this on Sunday's during the course of the season.  I am thinking right now, my swimming is going to struggle until wrestling season is over, but I guess that is the way it goes.  I will have to get it started in March.  That still gives me 3 months of swimming to get me up to be able to swim in the Half Iron.  Well that is about it for now.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment