Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cycling Break

Well wrestling season is in full swing now and I am having a hard time squeezing in time for my bike.  I have taken a couple of weeks off from Jorge's program but I am planning on re-starting the program the week after Christmas.  This will give me a chance to get through the holidays, plus it will get me closer to spring.  It will give me a program to get me through winter, so I can pick right up and go outside in March.  I should have the basement insulated by Christmas time as well, so my biking times should not affect the kids at all.  Hockey season will be starting here before too long as well, so that will cut into my biking times as well since we usually play on Sundays.  The pond is frozen now, so we will be checking the ice to see if it is ready to go. With the winter settling in, it should be great ice all winter long. 

Wrestling has been going really well and my shape is coming back.  Once wrestling is over, I should be able to transition right into the HIM training with relative ease.  The lack of swimming right now has me a bit worried.  I would like to get in a few pool sessions before February just to keep the muscle memory up.  The pool I have been swimming at has closed the pool due to state budget cuts, so that means I have been scrambling to find other locations.  All of the pool locations are at least a 30 minute drive to get to, so I have an hour travel time just to get my swim in.  Hopefully over the holiday, I can get a few sessions in. 

Well that is it for now.  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy this holiday season with your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment