Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Early Morning Swim......ugggh!!!

Well I decided the only way for me to get my swimming back was, well.....to get back in the water.  Since we live in the middle of nowhere (swim wise) I decided to join the YMCA in Red Oak, about 25 miles from home.  My plan is to be at the Y at 5:00 am, get in the pool by 5:15, workout done by 6:00, shower and on the road to work by 6:15, this should put me at work around a little before 7.  Well day one was yesterday and my alarm went off at 4:15 am and my wife was a little than less than impressed.  I finally got up around 4:30 and on the road by 4:40.  I got to the Y and much to my suprise there were already half dozen cars in the parking lot.  Well all in all, there were about 12 people swimming laps at the same time.  It was very busy but it was nice to get the swim in.

Once I got back to work, I could barely keep my eyes open all day long.  It was a long day and hopefully that will get better once I get used to my swimming schedule.  To top it off, I got in an hour bike ride at night when the kids went to bed.  My legs felt great and it was the best I have felt on my bike in a while.  Once I finished I showered and was wide awake.  It was amazing that I couldn't keep my eyes open all day but after another workout, then I was good to go.

Starting to get used to my tri training again and am at the point that I am enjoying every minute of it.  Can't wait for race season to get here so when you can see how much you have improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment